6 Tips For Packing Makeup
Summer is almost over, but that doesn’t mean the traveling has to stop! Stevie and I are going out of town today for 2 weeks, but before we go I have to share a fun fact about me when I’m traveling.
One of the toughest things about traveling is condensing my makeup down to JUST one bag. I instantly go into sudden panic mode.
I’m not a diva when I travel, so I for me it’s the thought of forgetting something I might need so I over-pack. I think most girls can relate with me there. After countless trips and endless makeup bags, I learned a stress-free way to pack all my makeup essentials. Here are my tips!
1.. Whether it’s cheap or a splurge, look for a bag that will keep your makeup organized! Look for one that has a divider with several little compartments! There’s nothing more frustrating than digging around for makeup so find one that’s portable and easy. Here’s I have. It hangs! (I’ll link more cute options at the end)
2. . Save room where you can. My three are a nude lipstick, pretty lipgloss, and bold lip color of some kind. I’ll also throw in a universal nude or rosy lip-liner to compliment each one incase I need it.
3. . I’m a brown/bronze/shimmery kind of girl so a small palette has been my go-to for countless trips. I also really love MAC’s Neutral/Warm palette right now. Both are great because you can wear it light or build it up depending on the event.
4. Foundations can take up A LOT of space and it can get messy (especially if it busts in the airplane) so take it easy and go with one you like instead of a million. There are days on my vacay when I skip the foundation and wear concealer only. The best foundation for me is an all day oil-free foundation one. I personally love a natural matte finish.
5. Let’s face it, 9 out of 10 times I’ve regretted not having my favorites with me when I do this. If you’re dying to take that new concealer just make sure you “test play” at home before you fly away! This includes skincare and hair products too.
6. . How many times have you gone on a trip and lost your favorite makeup brush? *Raises both hands* I like to keep all my brushes in one place. I prefer a gigantic zip-lock bags that makes it easy to find what I need as I’m putting my makeup on. Less clutter, less digging around!
What are some personal dos or donts you’ve picked up from traveling? Share below!!